Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past. Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn’t what you get for it, but what you become for it. Shake things up today! Be You…Be Free… – Steve Maroboli
Life is such an interesting thing, what with all its ups and downs, curve balls, hidden gems and surprises. Its no wonder the whole lot of us are a walking jumbled mess.
Ahhhh the peace of inner peace! How in all the worlds is it achieved? Well here are a few personal mantras I live by in my daily quest for inner peace (in no particular order):
- Find a reason to smile everyday.
- Spend time alone with yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive, uplifting and encouraging people.
- Try something new….just because.
- Don’t LOOK for love, look for life – LIVE as much as you can.
- Never settle (instead repeat #2).
- Never compare yourself to that of the next because there will ALWAYS be someone prettier, thinner/thicker, smarter, richer, healthier, sassier, friendlier, more popular, happier, etc.
- Be with someone who finds you to be special and treats you as such.
- Friends, open your world to meet new people for often they bring new perspectives to your life.
- Listen to the universe for it tells you things no one else can/will.
- Pursue your dreams, goals, desires – which requires you to actually identify what they are (do that too).
- Mean what you say and say what you mean – people will take you more seriously if you do.
- Ask for what you want – in your friends, relationships, careers for a closed mouth does not get fed. Besides if you say nothing someone else will ALWAYS make decisions on your behalf <—nobody got time for that
- Choose to deal with someone because of their CHARACTER because THAT will never lead you astray (really holds true in relationships – a man’s character will tell you a lot more about him than his car, house, or pockets ever will).
- Understand your worth and at all costs preserve it.
- Treat time like money, don’t give it away freely and only if those whom you are giving it to are worthy.
- March to your own beat….we all have our own theme song no need to use someone else’s music.
- Spend time alone (again).
- Be your true authentic self and make no excuses for it; if someone doesn’t get you…..their loss.
- Dream. Believe. Have Faith. Live out loud!!!
Getting to a Well Heeled Soul is not a one-size fits all – meaning what works for me may not work for you but what do you have to lose by incorporating these mantras into your routines (see #4 above)!